Sunday, May 22, 2005

I wanna make the world a better place

How do I make the world a better place? Discover a cure for cancer? Eradicate hunger? I don't have the tools, knowedge or finance for that.

Should I try and make my country a better place? Run for president? Institute a powerful new lobby? I don't know if I have the balls, guts or the ability to do that.

Maybe I can make my city a better place? Clean up the streets? Shelter the homeless? Cure the addicts? I don't think I can do that.

I'll have to start with myself. Every second of every day is filled with infinite possibilites. A good deed, a friendly butterfly smile can ripple across millions, through worlds upper and lower. Delving into Torah, carrying out G-d's Word can cause a chain reaction through the unfathomable spiritual realms.

If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

TRK

14 Comments:

At 5/23/2005 2:22 AM, Blogger 2R said...

One of the very few good things Michael Jackson has added to the world...

 
At 5/23/2005 4:14 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Good insight.
-OC

 
At 5/23/2005 7:58 AM, Blogger TRK said...

2r - Bad was the first album I bought. He went downhill from there.

OC - thanks. Not really mine, it's a story they tell about the Chofetz Chaim I think.

DA - I do plenty of that, the only thing it changes is my waistline!

 
At 5/23/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

Quoting Michael Jackson, lulei demistafina?!?!

On another note, TRK, I have taken you up on your offer!

Please see:
http://luleidemistafena.blogspot.com/

and invite your friends!

 
At 5/23/2005 5:53 PM, Blogger Miss Two said...

Ohh noooo you didn't get into the Michael lyrics.

I thought those had been locked away where kids couldn't get their hands on them.

I do appreciate the sentiment, though. Been studying my deen myself.

Twennytwo

 
At 5/23/2005 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TRK:

You can bring Redemption to the World by writing on the main page that the story is from the Chafetz Chaim..instead of it being in the "fine print" :-)

 
At 5/24/2005 6:43 AM, Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

I am moving the blog to:

http://luleidemistafina.blogspot.com/

one letter down...

 
At 5/24/2005 9:16 AM, Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

I got the blogname's spelling fixed:

http://luleidemistafina.blogspot.com/

 
At 5/24/2005 6:53 PM, Blogger LostSpirit said...

good luck we are counting on you, you are TRK after all.

 
At 5/25/2005 4:11 AM, Blogger TRK said...

Twenny, what's "deen"? Nothing wrong with MJ's lyrics, it's who he serenades with them that is troubling!

Jameel, You got a Makor?

Cloojew, looking forward to it.

LS, not sure I can handle the pressure, but working on it.

TRK

 
At 5/25/2005 6:42 AM, Blogger TRK said...

Kiks,

Trees of green, red roses too?

 
At 5/26/2005 6:09 AM, Blogger Karl said...

After 120, The Big Guy is going to say to me, why werent you Karl? The one who did .... and ____ and brought ---- to the world. How do I know I shouldn't have taken a different path?
Its a scary thought.

BTW, 'Dangerous' was the first album I bought!

 
At 5/26/2005 3:25 PM, Blogger Miss Two said...

TRK

deen=faith. But not religion faith. Like devotion. I used to know the hebrew word, but I forgot. I haven't been back in my old neighborhood in a while.

peace

 
At 5/29/2005 9:43 PM, Blogger TRK said...

Callie, thanks. I am sweet!

Karlster, You and Reb Zusia baby. Damn scary, but we can't live like that.

Twenny, Emunah?

TRK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home