Friday, June 24, 2005

Dating thoughts

So I'm a funny guy. Well-read. Intelligent. Absolutely nothing wrong with my conversation skills. But why am I being interviewed as a potential spouse based on my conversational ability with a complete stranger over a cup of coffee? It's artificial and unnatural. I might've had a bad day at work. Sometimes I need time to warm up to someone. Or they need time to warm up to me. I don't have the energy for it. It's too fake, too unnatural, and I don't know how people who have been doing it for years haven't gone hair-tearingly insane.

Also, I'll say what most guys think - most of the good ones get snapped up young. So bring on the under-age barely legal ones please. Get them while they're hot and fresh.

I'm going back to meet people normally, socially. Just gotta go for the quality long-term ones.

TRK

7 Comments:

At 6/24/2005 10:28 AM, Blogger Chai18 said...

"So bring on the under-age barely legal ones please. Get them while they're hot and fresh."

why not just tell them that straight out, i can't imagine anyone taking offense to it haha

 
At 6/24/2005 1:03 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

It's not about "the good ones," it's about finding the right one - best person for you. And that is different for each person so you better hope the right one was not snapped up already.

 
At 6/24/2005 3:04 PM, Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

I'm sorry, but, lulei demistafina, I don't buy into this dating-as-interview as unnatural or fake or bad.

When you meet someone on your wavelength you (and especially YOU) should be able to talk to them regardless of the circumstances, without it feeling artificial.

I'll tell you what is abnormal, though: viewing women as slabs of meat to salivate over and pick up with "lines" and "formulas."

And that's the way it's done, my friend. You know it's true!

 
At 6/24/2005 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's so interesting to hear it from a guys point of view

 
At 6/24/2005 5:17 PM, Blogger Miss Two said...

dang. what was the use of 'saving myself' only to be considered old, cold, stale and tough. Hats off to ya, TRK, you just brought my view of dating in the US down another notch. Good thing a great guy has me smitten anyway.

peace
twennytwo

 
At 6/25/2005 5:20 PM, Blogger Karl said...

Shidduch dating is artificial and unnatural. It is such a put on situation that its miles away from real life. Despite that, how is it different to meeting people normally? Shidduch dating just gives you a head start into knowing them.
Personally, I don't go in for the interviewing though. Just be yourself, getting to know the other first before delving into the depths of how they want the rest of their life to pan out. Take it easy.
As you grow, hopefully you wont want a young, immature, inexperienced (in life) girl anyway. [But then again, maybe you would!]
Also, sorry to hear the other dates didn’t work out to your likening.

 
At 6/27/2005 9:22 AM, Blogger tmeishar: said...

LOL...you may think the good ones are snatched up early, but it's really the girls that haven't developed the "oomph" that some men can't stand. At least that's what I've seen. My friends who got engaged young versus the ones who are waiting to achieve long-term goals - if I was a guy I would go for the latter. But, hey, I'm not a guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home