Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ah, look at all the lonely people

Where do they all come from? My loneliness is killing me, I must confess I still believe.
We all get attacked by the demons of depression, the lows of loneliness. But believe, there is a way to fight it. It feeds off itself, viciously drawing you further and further into the darkness. Struggle out of it, push yourself into the light. Escape from the howls of despair. Pamper yourself. Eat something you enjoy. Hang with friends that make you feel good about yourself. Unburden yourself to them, unlock your soul, unfetter your chains, untie the straitjacket of solitude. Trust me, it works. Like a miracle charm. Get out there, see and experience G-d's incredible world. Be happy to be alive, with friends, on this amazing planet.

When you’re down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
And you know whereever I am
I’ll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I’ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You’ve got a friend.

TRK

8 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 10:53 AM, Blogger TRK said...

oh yeah, I forgot to add:

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

TRK

 
At 8/04/2005 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I've been there and I agree. When you get depressed (and I'm not talking clinical, medicine or nothing type depression [screw you Tom Cruise] just the "regular" kind) you can either let it keep feeding on itself and spiral down, or you can sort of rage against it by snapping yourself out of it. Of course, this is all easier said than done. But still true nontheless.

 
At 8/04/2005 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TRK- was this prompted by my comment, by any chance?

 
At 8/04/2005 3:20 PM, Blogger Margaritagirrl said...

Hey, TRK,

Are you taking over as the "song-giver" of the blogs?? I thought that was MY domain!
JUST KIDDING......
I know how you feel, only TOO well.........and I use the same method of self-comfort to see me through until the sun shines again.
DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY :-)

 
At 8/04/2005 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on"

Too true. I've always been the 'someone to lean on' for my friends, always been the upbeat one who they'd come to for advice... but now it's me who's feeling down. My friends are great, the problem lies in the huge ocean that (quite literally - the Atlantic) separates us. If only England wasn't so incredibly far from the States (that it is, mentality-wise too, doesn't help things...)

I guess I'll have to rekindle old friendships, and make some new ones, because I'm here for a while, and what is life, without friends to keep you going?

 
At 8/05/2005 2:01 PM, Blogger brianna said...

Yeah for those who are ones who shoulder everyone's pain, find someone to lean on. And don't get burnt out. :) We need you.

 
At 8/08/2005 4:50 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

Wow - two of my favorite songs in one post (well, a post and the comments).

 
At 8/08/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger TRK said...

thanks guys for all your comments -really helped

 

Post a Comment

<< Home