Thursday, January 05, 2006

The heavenly debate in the balance

The heavenly court goes quiet, the hustle and bustle dies down, as the prosecuting angel steps forth. "Oh mighty one" he addresses the Divine Judge. "You of all people know that this mean has lived a long and fruitful life, his time has come. It is time to put an end to it"

"Objection" shouts the defending angel. "Presumptive argument, move to strike. Under section 4(b) subsection two of the law, there is a special dispensation for leaders who are needed by their people. I demand the invocation of this rule."

"And what say the people?" spoke the heavenly judge, the One who sees and knows all.

"Oh great one" pleaded the defender. "Do you not hear their cries, do you not heed their pleas? Will you grant this man more time, in your abundant mercy, to fearlessly lead your people?"

to be continued ....

6 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 5:53 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

TRK: Going a tad overboard? (and that doesn't mean I wish anything bad on anyone)

 
At 1/05/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

very interesting approach. as usual.

 
At 1/05/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

I am only thinking about Sharon on this. That was my first thought after reading this. Don't know if I want him to lead - elections will figure that out... if he lives.

 
At 1/05/2006 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fisrt of all TRK, thank you for moving on from your string of man/animal posts. I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you./

As for this post - One needs to be very careful when presuming to understand the workings of the heavenly courts.

 
At 1/05/2006 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how this turns into something about procreation, lust, sex, all of the above... lol

 
At 1/06/2006 10:45 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Well, Masmida, with current events being what they are, that was my first thought. Then it changed to something laong your lines... but my first reactions are what I prefer to comment on when it comes to things like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home