Wednesday, April 06, 2005

COARS Part 2 - what happened to the girl (and her mind)

I think I've kept you in suspense for long enough (thanks kish).

I contacted her, and asked her if she wanted to go to a Yom Hazikaron do (romantic, aren't I?). She contacted our mutual friend (MF) who was gonna come with, but after some discussion between J. and MF they claimed they were not in the mood (lame girl excuse - when is one ever "in the mood" for a Yom Hazikaron event).

The next night, at a Yom Ha'atzmaut celebration, I get asked whether I'd heard the news? What news? J and her boyfriend just got engaged! Holy crap, I thought, thank G. I hadn't told her last night that I was falling in love with her mind. I vaguely remember getting one of those "I don't think it is a good idea for us to be friends anymore" emails, though I have had quite a few from various females (surprised? me too!) so I don't remember whether she also sent me one.

Irrelevant of such, I am no longer friends with her, her hubby, or her small baby. I did walk past the happy couple one friday night on the street and wished them a Shabbat Shalom, to no avail. I think I subconsciously said it sotto voce so that I could rationalize to myself their lack of response. Clever of me huh?

I hope you enjoyed part one of the confessions. I'm happy to continue, trust me, there is plenty more, but I need you guys to comment and tell me how wonderful/idiotic/handsome/moronic (delete as applicable) I am. Furthermore, there is a chance I may be outed soon by people I know, and if that happens I may need to reconsider the whole confessions series, so I suggest you persuade me to reveal everything now.

TRK

5 Comments:

At 4/06/2005 3:45 PM, Blogger Chai18 said...

very interesting insight into your ?love? life.

 
At 4/06/2005 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be a comment whore, we'll write when there's stuff to say.
Anyway... This is one of those times when you can say hameichin mitzadei gaver with kavana- thank G-d you didn't do what you had planned, that would have sucked.
Reveal more stuff!

 
At 4/07/2005 12:54 AM, Blogger TRK said...

chanandler,

"comment whore" - I love it! I'm also a "hit slave" so keep coming.

Yeah, I'd like to think Hashem has prevented me from acting too stupidly sometimes - He really does rock my world.

chai - I'm not sure I was in "love", that's what makes it so confusing for me.

TRK

 
At 4/07/2005 6:01 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

TRK -

I am sorry it didn't work out, but maybe this experience was to let you see what internal attributes in a person really attract you.

Keep up with the confessions, I find they bring more comments and hits than other stuff!

Have a great day.

 
At 5/31/2005 11:59 PM, Blogger TRK said...

Update - I actually recently had a Shabbat meal with her, hubby, kid and heavily pregnant belly. Not a single word was shared between us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home