Monday, November 14, 2005

The guide for the indolent

1. Get up. Move.
2. Pray. Open yourself to Gd. Buy yourself a siddur, a special one, one that you use to pour your heart out to Him.
3. Read something you enjoy, that inspires you, that makes a difference in your life.
4. Go out somewhere, get away, go hiking, spend a weekend away, invite some friends over for ice cream and a movie.
5. Set yourself attainable goals and tasty incentives. Then work towards those goals and eat those incentives.
6. Take pride in who you are, consider yourself lucky you have working limbs and brain, and use them well.
7. Surround yourself with friends who can support you, who care about you, who will tell you the truth however painful it might be yet who will be there for you when you need them.
8. Remember, life is to be lived one day at a time.

TRK

9 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 12:35 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Nr 1 is the hardest, from then on it gets easier.

 
At 11/15/2005 1:20 AM, Blogger WBS said...

TRK, I really like this. Chazak, venitchazak.

Prag, you're right. I think the best strategy is to not to think, plan or analyze it at all -- just DO (it) spontaneously.

 
At 11/15/2005 2:00 AM, Blogger Karl said...

What happened to the guide? Musser is one thing, but its totally different to put it into practice. and then #8 just goes against everything.
Sorry TRK, but this time I think you missed the point.

 
At 11/15/2005 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear Hear.

Slightly random, but then again, I'm the queen of randomness, so that don't bother me.

Unlike Prag, my toughie would be #2 (tho' I haven't been to the gym in almost a month...) It's not a matter of having the time - I need the willpower. I have to feel it, else there's no point, and I have a hard time mustering that feeling. Any tips?

TRK, a little of your chicken soup would be much appreciated right now...

 
At 11/15/2005 10:35 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

I love this entry! This is the kind of thing that has me coming back to your blog for more. Good job!

 
At 11/17/2005 1:58 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Who was time for #4?

 
At 11/17/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger smb said...

Very inspiring words for our lives. thanks.

 
At 11/19/2005 2:29 PM, Blogger ifyouwillit... said...

Toda for the chizuk!

 
At 11/20/2005 8:43 PM, Blogger brianna said...

#4 is hard. Because there are always a ton of things that must get done. Scheduling in breathers is difficult, but a must. Thanks for reminding me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home