Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Abyss

Like a cloud, a constant leech
beneath my feet

Darkness envelops me
suffocating me, stifling me

I see no reflection, no response
Just dark dank deep despair

No hope, no steps to climb back out
Out of the slippery slope

Wasted efforts, spent years
Cannot remove the monkey from me, breathing heavily in my ear

Pushing me into the swirling mists
Dragging me lower, into the depths

The cold, creeping tentacles of angst
Surrounds my soul, tighter, freezing me with its touch

Whither shall I run? Where shall I flee?
It is inside and I cannot flee from me

So I hope and pray it is temporary
and await my salvation, my saviour,
to come and set me free

TRK

11 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tikun Klali, works for me (and mikveh)

 
At 1/11/2006 6:38 AM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

This too shall pass

 
At 1/11/2006 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with MH on this, as usual.
Hang in there, TRK.

 
At 1/11/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Genendy said...

If it's inside, then how can your saviour come from outside?

 
At 1/11/2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

chai - come visit

 
At 1/11/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger brianna said...

Oh my... :(

Feel better.

 
At 1/11/2006 4:35 PM, Blogger smb said...

Oy, I see you're going through a very hard time. That sucks when that happens to us.

Keep trying, you'll get through it. Also, pray and have bitachon. I wish you a refuah sheleima.

 
At 1/11/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

prozac?
just kidding

 
At 1/12/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough patch, TRK. Don't wait for a "savior" for we cannot hope for someone else to make us whole. We can only hope for that someone to come along for the ride together with us. I have a feeling you are strong and will be ok. There is always your loyal blog readers to support you, you are not alone and there is always hope. You speak of a monkey... I hope you arent battling some kind of addiction....

 
At 1/15/2006 7:41 AM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

Despair is sometimes a way of keeping us from moving forward.
Focusing on wasted efforts and spent years keeps you in that dark place. Focus on now and what you can do to get out on your own steam.

 
At 2/06/2006 5:16 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

worst thing for a person (well, not the WORST but..) is to be cold. apathy leads to depression which leads to no-good stuff.

once you warm yourself up, rabbi's kid, everything will change

keep the fire burning

 

Post a Comment

<< Home