Friday, March 31, 2006

Another year older, still no wiser

I am in a pensive mood as I reflect on my blogoversary, a time to look back at a year of ups and downs, quality writing and awful poetry, inciteful issues and laughable diatribes. 365 days closer to the time G-d has earmarked for me to join Him back in the big movie theatre in the sky, to pay my dues, time after time.

8,760 hours passed by. Most of those were spent sleeping or in front of a computer. Did I make a difference to anyone? Could someone have read my words and stopped and said "yes, TRK is right, I will stop being a coward and ask out the girl I've liked for so long". Am I a third of the way to Gan Eden?

Have I become any closer to G-d, to doing His will, to becoming the person He knows I can be? Thousands of souls are clamoring for TRK to touch them, enlighten them, inspire them. And yet I stay rooted to American Idol! Polar opposites, distant objectives, worlds apart. Who am I?

What will the next year if blogging hold? Shall I become old and jaded, yearn for the old days and the early gang, yet many have moved on, married, dropped off blogworld, advanced to bigger and better things? Or have they been replaced by a new fresher bunch, eager Young Turks ready for revolution, inspired to help overthrow this awful corporate apathy that descends like a dark heavy cloud over all of us?

I will keep going, because I believe I still have plenty to say, lots of challenging and penetrative ideas. I do still get attacks of insight that I haven't yet posted.

Thank you to all of you who have come here, read my words, commented on them - even if it is to tell me how wrong I am!

Long Live Blogging!

TRK

10 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 6:43 AM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

you've made a difference to me.
good luck in the struggle to be a great trk.

mh

 
At 3/31/2006 7:16 AM, Blogger Chai18 said...

happy blogversary

 
At 3/31/2006 7:35 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Congratulations on your blog.

I don't know why I am annoyed though.

Maybe because of the apathy I find in blogworld. We want to inspire, make a difference, cause a commotion. We want to share our insights. We get excited.

And then it affects little.

Oh yeah, thats why.

 
At 3/31/2006 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your year anniversay! Best of luck to you on this as we look forward to hearing more of what you have to say in the coming year.

 
At 4/01/2006 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary TRK!
Here's to many more!

Chances of you seeing a direct effect from your blog to people's lives are slim, but that doesn't mean that you haven't affected anyone at all.

And I second what MH has to say.

 
At 4/03/2006 7:15 AM, Blogger Nemo said...

Here's to another year!

 
At 4/25/2006 2:09 PM, Blogger TRK said...

u people bring tears to my eyes (or is that my smelly socks having their effect?)

 
At 4/25/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

i liked ur first paragraph. (365 days closer..)

 
At 2/16/2007 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

 
At 9/23/2008 8:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Welcome to our website forrs gold buy and rs gold and cheap rs

gold
service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home