Thursday, April 06, 2006

The One Call you shouldn't have to make

1) "Hi, Michelle, it's Jason. Don't hang up, please listen. I know you told me you never wanted to speak to me again, but this is important. No, stop shouting at me and listen. I need to see you. Just meet me this evening, I don't care where. Ok, ok, you don't wanna meet me. Then just hear me out for two minutes, please. I was at the clinic, getting some tests done. They found that I was ... I am ..... positive. You know, I'm infected. Yes, they are sure, they did another two tests. Look, I know we used protection. But we did other things. You remember what we did, so you'll also have to get tested. No I don't know who I caught it off, it could've been you! Hey, we both know that's a lie, you could've got it from someone before me. Stop pretending to be all innocent and pure, alright? Just go get tested and let me know - and please don't tell anyone, I haven't told my family yet. I just got to figure out how to carry on - what a mistake i made."

2) "Ben, hi, how are ya, it's Leah, what's up? Yeah, I know we haven't spoken for a while, but I really gotta speak to ya. Listen, it's important. You gotta listen, stop telling me to leave you alone. I am out of your life, but I gotta tell you something , I'm pregnant. I'm carrying your baby. Yes it's yours, what are you trying to say? I don't know how it happened - you tell me. You were there, it's your sperm, I don't know how they got inside me, there were a number of close calls, who knows? It doesn't matter now. Don't YOU tell me to get an abortion, I'm the one who can make that decision. Are you messing with me? No I don't expect you to marry me, we broke up, remember? Look, I will get an abortion, I think, I just need to think about it. No you can't come with me, you are only offering to make sure I go through with it. You don't get it, there is a human GROWING inside of me, a miracle in my womb. I just got to figure out how to carry on - what a mistake I made."

TRK

11 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Scary stuff for a single person to hear. Yikes!

Interesting how you always make it out that the other person already broke up with them and that they have no interest in speaking to them and it is voiced with animosity.

Whats up, TRK?

 
At 4/06/2006 8:57 PM, Blogger paula said...

people don't get tested until the relationship is over...

 
At 4/07/2006 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And your point is...

 
At 4/07/2006 5:28 AM, Blogger exsemgirl said...

Sad and all to common.

 
At 4/07/2006 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's two calls...

 
At 4/08/2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe she's pregnant and HIV at the same time so then it's only one call....

 
At 4/09/2006 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or is this just your strange way of making those who have chosen to abstain from sex outside of marriage feel better??

 
At 4/10/2006 8:00 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

For the one who stated they don't think it happens so often in their society. I will have to assume you mean an orthodox community? Because, if you mean the American society, it is very common. Take it from a teacher at an L.A. publick high school.

 
At 4/11/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Happy Pesach!

 
At 4/17/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Margaritagirrl said...

food for thought.........I hope NEVER to make such a phone call, nor to receive one.
Happens all the time, though, and it's scary to think that it might happen to us.

 
At 4/25/2006 2:02 PM, Blogger TRK said...

scary stuff all round, and way more common than we think, trust me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home