Friday, August 12, 2005

On Voyeurism and Shyness

I love discovering blogs of people I know, or I think I know and have to read through the blog and emtpy the dark recesses of my memory to figure out who the person could be. It satisifes my g-d-like curiosity, gleaming an insight into people's inner thoughts and lives. There may be one or two out there who gaze pruriently into my blog, hoping to discover new and exciting facts about me, though anyone who knows me well enough can understand and appreciate that the thoughts I expound are merely an extension of my personality.

I recently uncovered a blog of a girl I've met a few times. An eye opening experience. This quiet, shy, demure, seemingly introverted female leads an interesting life, has lots to say and plenty to contribute. So why had she always sat there quietly, letting others do the talking? I know people are shy, even I (the great TRK) gets shy in certain limited surrounding (backstage at the SI swimsuit photoshoot, for example), but peeps, we need to get over it. Especially you single girls out there.

We do not find shyness attractive. Having to break our teeth just to get a sentence out of you, not feeling that we could conduct a fascinating conversation with you. So forget all your fears, build up some dutch courage (you gotta love the dutch and their courage - helped me achieve some of my finest moments in life) and open your mouth. Don't be afraid. Be outgoing, happy, friendly, talkative, show us who you are. Trust me.

Gnight and G-d bless

TRK

8 Comments:

At 8/12/2005 1:14 AM, Blogger Dark Horse said...

Was that an open invitation for us to guess at your true identity?

 
At 8/12/2005 2:27 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Boy, we gots to get you a woman!
-OC

 
At 8/12/2005 3:01 AM, Blogger brianna said...

"We do not find shyness attractive"

Oh? I thought guys like the shy, sweet blonde type.

 
At 8/12/2005 8:10 AM, Blogger Karl said...

so which blogger is it? and how did you find out?

 
At 8/12/2005 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and while you are at it, het over your fears og heights, darkness, bugs and doge.

And start loving sports. Like Nike says, Just do it.

Oh wait, maybe it's not quite that simple...

 
At 8/15/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger Miss Two said...

Yeah, I'm back. For a hot minute.

This is always an iffy deal. On the one hand, you have your honest, talkative self. On the other hand, you don't want to be un-feminine. Say what you will, traditional views of femininity do not include a woman stepping out there with her views, and especially not acting as if she's right to do so.

I'ain't say it was right. I'm just saying I've felt that a time or two.

That's why I'm single, never could manage to keep my mouth shut (!)...

peace
TwennyTwo

 
At 8/19/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger brianna said...

I beg to disagree, Twenny. I'm extremely opinionated and that doesn't seem to drive away the guys. It just weeds out the weak, insecure ones.

 
At 9/18/2005 6:28 PM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

here's a clue trk - some women need to feel comfortable before they open up. i've never found that saying "speak up" to a shy person gets them to talk. it's the guy who knows how to make a girl feel like he's paying attention and makes her feel safe, attractive and interesting, who will get her to show her best self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home